Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where it all begins. . .

Howdy folks, and welcome to my blog. As the name suggests, I'm a complete nerd. But since that's a fairly broad category, I suppose the first thing I should do is to introduce myself and narrow down that catch-all title. My name's Dan, but most people call me "Kinne," mainly because when I met my current group of friends, well, there were about five Dans. I dabble in all sorts of gaming, from video games to book and dice roleplaying games to tabletop games. That last one is why I started this blog. I've been playing tabletop games ever since the aforementioned friends sucked me into Warhammer about seven years ago. Hopefully this blog will do two things: one, share my love of the Hobby and wargaming in general, and two, help me finally finish an army by posting up work in progress posts as I go along. Yes, that's right. Seven years. About ten different forces. None ever painted.

Anyhow, my current project, the only army that's truly been mine for all six years, are my Stunties. Yes, I'm talking about Dwarfs.




Unfortunately, my lovely wife has our camera, and as she only had a delay instead of a full-on snowday, pictures of everything I have finished will have to wait for post number two. In the meantime, here is the one photographed unit that I do have finished, The Gnollengrom, my last-edition metal Longbeards.


The Gnollengrom

In my next post, I'll talk a little bit about my army, and my lazy man's technique to get nice-looking minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment