Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Sites

It always saddens me when I'm stuck away from my personal computer, Sheldon (named after the super awkward character on Big Bang Theory), but I'll make do. I thought I should post up my commonly used nerd websites, as I have a few extra minutes. For starters, there's my gaming club, The 131, based out of Hadley, Massachusetts.


Photobucket



We've been running for almost three years now (it'll be three next month), and we're going pretty strong. Our Wednesday meeting nights tend to be pretty packed, except for these last three weeks when the weather was horrendous, we have over forty members and we run a decent number of events. Needless to say, I spend a LOT of time on those forums over there. If you're in the northeastern U.S., definitely check us out.


Next up is the site that helps fuel my plastic crack addiction, Bartertown.com. This is a great trading website that has the distinct advantage over most other forums in the fact that it's dedicated entirely to trading. It also has a solid feedback system, and the regulars and forum mods can be bloodhounds when it comes to tracking down people who try to rip traders off, which is always a comfort when you're sending expensive minis all over the place. I've managed some ridiculously good trades over there, including my entire BFG fleet and my entire Epic army (which includes in Imperator Titan. . .huzzah!). So yeah, definitely check it out.


Lastly, there's the site many of us GW nerds look to for the latest juicy tidbits, Bell of Lost Souls.


It has, perhaps, the most reliable rumors for upcoming GW releases, and lots of good articles to boot. Search through the archives, and you can also see things like great army conversions, tactica and painting guides, etc. It's definitely a good time waster.

So those are my three main nerd sites. Definitely check them out, although, if you're not from Western Mass, you might not be overly interested in The 131. Tonight, I photograph my stunties and I'll see if I can't post up my lazy man's painting guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment