Sunday, February 28, 2010

Running a Tournament

Well, yesterday was a loooong day. First of all, I stayed up until about 2AM Friday night to finish editing the scenarious for yesterday. Then, after my printer ran out of ink midway through printing up the tourney documents, I had to make a Staples run during Round One to get everything copied. Other than that, though, the day went really well. We had a fair turnout, eight participants, but given the fact that we didn't promote it nearly as hard as we could, I'm satisfied with that. On the bright side, no one brought a fully unpainted army, and the only two armies that didn't get "fully painted" were off by seven models in the one case, and one in the other.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that there were no major rules disputes, though a few quirky things did come up that needed to be interpreted (by the way, when I first wrote that, I wrote "interpretated"). I didn't have to toss on the TO hat and crack the whip or anything. It makes it difficult to want a large tournament with lots of different people when smaller tournaments with people that know each other run so well.

All in all, it was a good day. And on the bright side, I managed to get more detailing on my Hammerers (pics to follow). Well, guess it's time to start getting geared up for our Fantasy tourney in May. Be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment